- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
AkzoNobel’s Supervisory Board announced that CEO Ton Büchner is taking a leave of absence as a result of a medical condition. This decision has been made based on medical advice following Ton Büchner being diagnosed with temporary fatigue. His recovery is expected to enable him to return to work in the first half of October.
In the meantime, the Supervisory Board has asked CFO Keith Nichols to co-ordinate and be first point of contact on the Executive Committee. Antony Burgmans, member of the Supervisory Board, will be on hand to offer advice and support to Keith and the Executive Committee.
The company will publish its Q3 results on October 18. The investor meeting planned for October 22 will be postponed until further notice.