- JBP reinforces its reputation as a leader within the sustainable paint industry in Thailan...
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start transforms 27 schools worldwide with colourful makeovers
- BASF broadens its Monomers Portfolio and launches bio-based 2-Octyl Acrylate
- Lanxess and Tennants: Cooperation for enhanced industrial plant hygiene
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms school for children with autis...
Toyo Ink has announced that it will establish a joint venture (JV) in Ankleshwar, Gujarat, India with Heubach Colour Pvt Ltd. The JV will strengthen sales of Toyo Ink’s pigments in India and overseas and facilitate the distribution of organic pigments, which are internationally competitive in terms of performance, quality and prices, within India and overseas. The organic pigment products will also be supplied to the Toyo Ink Group’s India-based activities relating to its products in an effort to improve competitiveness.
India’s pigment market is expected to continue to enjoy sustainable growth, as in China. Many different types of chemicals to serve as raw materials for pigments are concentrated in India and China in a two-pole manner. The industry is trying to keep pace with the trend toward environmental regulations in developed countries, however, the rapid spread of environmental regulations in India is leading to an increasing array of problems. For example, investments made in response to the regulations have placed a great deal of pressure on their business activities and the raw materials market is becoming decreasingly stable.
Heubach Colour has production infrastructure and capacity for raw material procurement and marketing in India, while the Toyo Ink Group has technical expertise in the production of high-quality yellow organic pigments and brand power. A new factory will be built within Heubach’sproduction site, due to come on-line in May 2014.