- New British Coatings Federation report highlights essential coatings contribution to econo...
- PPG announces leadership changes in aerospace coatings business
- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
BASF has added to its product range the FGuard 3D paint system in Europe.
With the FGuard 3D method, the first step involves using a printing system to print a multicolour decorative pattern on preimpregnated paper. The FGuard 3D pore structure paint is applied in the final printing unit. In the next step, a transparent topcoat is applied to the coated paper on a paintline.
"The high drying temperature during the hardening of the topcoat causes the 3D structure to develop,” said Michael Janning, BASF’s Head of Development and Technical Service for foil coatings, describing the innovation.