- Episode 29 – Hot Parts, Cool Decals
- Sale of Emerald Performance Materials to American Securities completed
- PPG Industries wins China CSR award for third consecutive year
- Siegwerk Thailand receives prestigious Prime Minister’s Award for Circular Economy
- Clariant to increase prices for pigments and pigment preparations
BASF has added to its product range the FGuard 3D paint system in Europe.
With the FGuard 3D method, the first step involves using a printing system to print a multicolour decorative pattern on preimpregnated paper. The FGuard 3D pore structure paint is applied in the final printing unit. In the next step, a transparent topcoat is applied to the coated paper on a paintline.
"The high drying temperature during the hardening of the topcoat causes the 3D structure to develop,” said Michael Janning, BASF’s Head of Development and Technical Service for foil coatings, describing the innovation.