- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
Altana has signed a definite agreement to acquire the global rheology business of Rockwood Holdings Inc. The unit, currently part of Rockwood’s ‘Performance Additives’ segment, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of rheology additives that optimise the flow characteristics of various materials. With about 340 employees at four production sites in the USA, the UK and Germany the rheology business generated sales of US$191M in 2012. After approval by the relevant antitrust authorities, Altana will integrate the business into its BYK Additives & Instruments division.
The purchase price amounts to US$635M. The closing of the transaction is expected to take place in Q4, 2013.