- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
BYK-Gardner has introduced a new instrument to objectively detect and quantify fluorescent light excited in the visible range: the BYK-mac i. It is equipped with additional out-of-plane sensors that measure the fluorescent light in clearly defined wavelength ranges.
To quantify the fluorescent light, it calculates a new index known as the ‘Intensity Emission value’, which can be used as a preliminary indicator for light fastness.
Due to the highly stable LED illumination fluorescent colours can now be measured repeatably with one BYK-mac (no warm-up time, no temperature drift) and reproducible from BYK-mac to BYK-mac (no lamp ageing). This allows usage of digital standards among the complete supply chain – the key to global colour QC management.