- Covestro increases share of renewable power for site in Belgium
- Yorkshire linseed paint manufacturer expands with move to new premises as demand soars
- IMCD Australia and New Zealand strengthen its coatings and construction business with the ...
- Johnstone’s Paint brand by PPG announces long-term partnership with World Snooker To...
- Henkel signs agreement to acquire Seal for Life Industries
Univar Inc has expanded its operations in Greece with the opening of an office in Athens. It has been exporting products to Greece for more than 10 years from its UK and French operations. Markos Roussos has been appointed managing director with a remit to further expand business in the region.
In Greece, Univar’s product range focuses on personal care, household and industrial cleaning, pharmaceuticals and coatings, distributed from premises near Athens. The Univar office will enable one-to-one customer service and greater support with formulations and product applications. Univar is representing many of its longstanding supplier partners in Greece and already has a solid customer base, comprising local and international companies in several key markets.
"Expansion in the region and recent extensions to the product ranges have meant that a Univar presence on the ground was the logical next step,” explains Nick Powell, regional director Middle East, Africa, Turkey & Greece, Univar. "Markos has an excellent track record in the industry and I am confident the pattern of growth in Greece will continue. The added convenience, speed of distribution and local knowledge, will provide the ideal platform for Univar’s continued expansion.”