- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
As a key supplier of isocyanates, Vencorex is expanding its global capacity for Tolonate HDI derivatives by establishing a new production unit in Thailand. The new plant will be ready to serve the Asian market in 2015.
"We want to strengthen our global position and our presence in Asia will be a significant stepping stone, among others,” said CEO Magnus Lanner. "This new asset in Asia, with a capacity of 12,000t/yr and our own state-of-the-art technology, will serve this expansion, helping the industry in Asia to provide very high quality offerings and technology. Thailand is a strategic location and will provide Vencorex with a competitive advantage in the region.”
"Asia is fast growing and this new capacity will allow us to effectively participate in this rapidly expanding market. We will improve our level of service through these dedicated resources within the region. The new plant in Thailand will provide us with an industrial footprint for HDI and derivatives: in addition to the markets served by Pont-de-Claix in France and Freeport in the USA,”said Sutin Chamulitrat, VP, Marketing & Sales. With this investment in Aliphatic Isocyanates derivatives production in Asia, Vencorex will have global facilities on three continents.