- New British Coatings Federation report highlights essential coatings contribution to econo...
- PPG announces leadership changes in aerospace coatings business
- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
Wacker has expanded the service portfolio at its technical centre in Singapore. The centre of excellence located in Singapore Science Park now also includes laboratories, applications technology and test equipment for polymer dispersions needed as binders for interior architectural paints in the coatings industry.
The expansion was made necessary by the region’s strong economic growth, particularly with regard to sophisticated paint and coating applications. This measure will help Wacker to further bolster its position as the market and technology leader for vinyl acetate-ethylene copolymer (VAE) dispersions.
The current expansion has focused on VAE dispersions used as binders for interior architectural paints in the coatings industry.. The dispersions marketed under the brand name Vinnapas have an enormous application and performance range and can be formulated over a broad range of pigment volume concentrations. Specific
Vinnapas dispersions are manufactured without the use of alkylphenol ethoxylates (APEO) or formaldehyde donors. Further, they enable the formulation of high-performing coatings without the addition of plasticisers or solvents resulting in coatings with a low content of volatile organic compounds (VOC < 5 g/l).