- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Wacker Chemie is strategically expanding its presence in the Middle and South American growth region by extending its existing technical centre in São Paulo, Brazil and creating a new technical centre in Mexico City, Mexico.
The Group’s international training centre – the Wacker Academy – will also be expanded at the former site and a new one opened at the latter. Both projects are scheduled for completion in the Q1, 2013. For this purpose, Wacker is investing €1.2M.
In Mexico, polymer binders are the focal point of the new technical centre (pictured right). Covering an area of more than 800m2, the facility will house the new offices of the local sales subsidiary Wacker Mexicana SA and the R&D labs for dispersible polymer powders and vinyl acetate-ethylene copolymer (VAE) dispersions.