- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
Cortec has launched VpCI-389, an environmentally friendly water-based, temporary coating that delivers exceptional multimetal protection for outside applications and salt-spray resistance. This contemporary coating is an advanced, safe replacement for hazardous oil-based products. An excellent choice for long-term indoor protection that lasts up to five years and short to medium-term (6-24 months) unsheltered outdoor protection.
This safe and easy to use coating cures to a soft film and eventually hardens. It is efficient in SO2 and H2S environments. The product leaves a translucent, waxy coating that is easily removable, it is low in VOCs and dilutable with water. VpCI-389 can be easily removed with alkaline cleaners, such as Cortec VpCI-414. It is available in ready-to-use form – VpCI-389 D (1:1). Metals protected are: aluminium, steel, cast iron, copper alloys and tin plated steel.