- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
PPG Industries has released its annual automotive colour trend data, which shows that white continues to be the most popular car colour globally based on 2013 automotive build data. According to PPG’s global data, white ranked first (up 3% yr-on-yr to 25%) and silver and black tied for second (18% each). These were followed by grey, red, natural hues, blue and green, all of which maintained the same share of popularity as in 2012.
In Asia Pacific, white remains most popular (26%, up 3% yr-on-yr), followed by silver (20%, down 3%), black (18%, down 1%), grey (10%, up 2%), natural and red (tied with 9% each, down 1% and the same as 2012 respectively) and blue (6%, down 1%).