- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
Axalta Coating Systems has announced its Global Automotive 2014 Color Popularity Report. Produced annually since 1953, it is the most comprehensive in the industry. The upcoming trends showcase four colour groups: pale hues, bright colours, muted versions and dark shades. The matrix of colours is shown in fine or coarse metallics, solids, tintcoats, tricoats and pearlescent varieties.
In Asia, white comes in at 30%, with the highest usage in South Korea at 34%; black has dropped slightly in preference but holds second place at 19%. Black, however, is most popular on luxury vehicles in China at 24%. Blue is more popular in Japan than in other countries in Asia.