X-Rite Pantone will demonstrate at the 2013 European Coatings Show how its deep toolbox of solutions can help companies to strengthen all the links of their supply chains – from concept and initial design work to point of sale.
Among a number of money-saving innovations, X-Rite Pantone representatives will demonstrate how the language of color can help companies to become design leaders in their industries, how a new technology captures both the colors and appearance of complex coatings and shapes, and how retailers can become more efficient with new point-of-sale options.
Attendees of 2013 ECS being held from 19 to 21 March in Nuremberg, Germany can view demonstrations and obtain information on the new offerings at X-Rite’s stand at 5-346 in Hall 5 of the Exhibition Centre Nuremberg.
X-Rite Pantone products will also be displayed at the stands of value chain partners at various locations. The company is keeping some details about the new offerings under wraps in anticipation of their ECS introductions.
"We are pleased to present a full 360-degree view of our solutions for the paints and coatings industry,” said Francesco Tomasello, Vice President of Sales for Europe. "We are particularly excited to showcase how X-Rite Pantone instruments, software, services and standards can be used at every link of the supply chain — concept, design, manufacture, quality control and point-of-sale. Effective communication of color and appearance can significantly increase the efficiency of processes, saving time and money.”
Among the highlights of X-Rite Pantone’s presentations are:
• Inspiration for design. Pantone’s color trend forecast "PANTONE VIEW Colour Planner Spring/Summer 2014” looks at color as a language with a multi-discipline color forecast that highlights 7 key palettes for industrial design, fashion, cosmetics, lifestyle, and graphic design. Within each of the season’s directional color palettes, a general introduction outlines the colors included and the philosophy behind them. In addition, a specific breakdown of each palette highlights harmonies, suggested color combinations and suitable patterns, fabrics and products according to end use.
• Total Appearance Capture technology. As a new solution for design work, X-Rite Pantone’s new Total Appearance Capture technology allows the visualization of photo-realistic virtual prototypes with a new level of precision and realism by measuring and digitizing the reflectance characteristics of highly complex object surfaces. "The created digital materials can then be used in CAD, or rendering software, and visualized in any environment, or lighting situation,” said Christophe Dauga, Market Director for Appearance Markets. The innovation will significantly advance current capabilities for accurate simulation and visualization used in prototyping, communication, and promotion of colors, effects, and materials.
• Future point-of-sales solutions. X-Rite Pantone will give visitors a preview of new and exciting connectivity options for point-of-sales applications that the company expects to launch over the next year.
• Next generation instrumentation. Like the point-of-sales products, X-Rite Pantone will give visitors a peek at new sphere-based spectrophotometer technology that will raise the bar for performance by combining affordability with measurement accuracy and integrity into easy-to-use compact benchtop solutions. The next generation of benchtop spectrophotometers have powerful applications for accurate color measurement, management and communication.
• The debuts of other recently launched X-Rite products, including:
o ColorDesigner PLUS, v.2.0, the next generation color formulation system for in-store paint color matching;
o SpectraLight QC, the new light booth that provides more accurate illumination than any other standard solution for finely controlled visual assessment of color;
o RM200QC, the spectrocolorimeter that allows quick and easy on-the-spot control of color on coatings and plastic parts;
o Pantone Lighting Indicator stickers that give companies confidence they are performing accurate color evaluations under proper illumination, helping to ensure accuracy in workflows and quality control; and
o Pantone CAPSURE, the Pantone PLASTICS Standard Chips, the Pantone FASHION + HOME Products and the Pantone PLUS SERIES products.