- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
AGC Chemicals Americas Inc. has announced that business manager Winn Darden will present a paper on the uses and benefits of LUMIFLON™ fluoroethylene vinyl ether (FEVE) resins at the SPI 2014 Fluoropolymers Division Spring Meeting March 26-28 in San Francisco. LUMIFLON is the world’s first reactive solvent-soluble fluoropolymer resin.
FEVE-based coatings impart superior resistance to corrosion, UV rays, chemicals, dirt, wind and rain. When used on outdoor structures such as bridges and buildings, these coatings can achieve expected lifetimes of up to 60 years. They are ideal for architectural, industrial, automotive, aerospace and alternative energy markets.
Darden will present an overview of the basic chemistry and physical properties of FEVE-resin-based coatings and discuss new water-based LUMIFLON resins. The emphasis will be on environmentally sound solid, water-based, and powder coating resins, which can be used to formulate coatings that meet all U.S. air quality regulations while still providing exceptional weatherability. He also will offer a life cycle cost analysis and comparison with traditional polyurethane coatings.
Darden will present on Thursday, March 27, at 2:45 p.m. during the Technology Update session.