- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
American Airlines has announced a modernisation and complete rebrand of its aircraft fleet. AkzoNobel Aerospace Coatings is providing the paint system and technical expertise to assist with the new look for the iconic brand. The fleet makeover will incorporate the painting of more than 600 aircraft with Aerodur 3001/3002 Base Coat/Clear Coat, widely recognised for an impressive high gloss finish with easy coverage and fast turnaround capabilities.
American Airlines’ re-invented livery features proud stripes and a timeless silver body, expressing the airline’s origins and the spirit of modern America and is enhanced by a full body mica topcoat. The depth and radiance of this special effect coating creates a unique lustre effect reminding passengers of the classical metallic look.