- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
AkzoNobel Powder has teamed up with BioCote, a leading antimicrobial specialist in Europe, to create Interpon AM, a powder coating product that incorporates BioCote antimicrobial technology to offer coating protection in hygiene sensitive environments.
"AkzoNobel Powder Coatings is among the world leaders in powder technology and working with BioCote we are now able to offer a coating product that combines the unique protective qualities of Interpon Powder Coatings with the antimicrobial properties that BioCote silver ion technology offers,” commented Mark Reekie, market segment manager – Europe West AkzoNobel Powder Coatings. "The possibilities that antimicrobial coatings can deliver are exciting and building hygiene protection into a coating provides a further line of defence in many diverse environments.”
Interpon AM provides benefits not only in traditionally hygiene sensitive areas such as medical and catering industries but also areas where there is a high level of human contact, for example in public transport, leisure facilities and self-service technologies.
The antimicrobial technology is independently tested and is shown to reduce levels of bacteria and fungi by up to 99.9%.