- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
AkzoNobel has been ranked in 100th place, putting it in the top five per cent in the inaugural Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC), performance league table released by the Environment Agency. The table ranks 2000 organisations on how they manage energy use under the CRC.
This performance reflects the early action taken by AkzoNobel to maximise energy efficiency across the business. "Emma Harper, Carbon Reduction Programme Manager, AkzoNobel said: "As a business, we are committed to reducing our carbon emissions and we support the increasing transparency of emissions reporting, which plays its part in driving carbon reduction across the UK.
"Despite this achievement, we recognise there is still much to do and are working continually on plans to deliver long term emission reductions.”