- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
AkzoNobel Powder Coatings has announced plans to invest £1M in a new Powder Coatings Pilot Plant at its facility in Felling in the UK.
The state-of-the-art pilot line will replicate its powder coatings manufacturing process on a small scale, enhancing its development initiative capabilities and significantly easing and increase the scale up process from laboratory to full scale production.
"Formulations that work in a laboratory environment do not always transfer consistently to full scale production”, explained Process Innovation Manager, Rob Barker. "The new facility will significantly improve our first pass production capability, which, in turn, means increased product speed to market for our customers”.
The Felling pilot line will be used by AkzoNobel’s development teams worldwide to help create novel products and solutions that help its customers compete more effectively.
The pilot line is scheduled for completion in May 2014.