- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
AkzoNobel has underlined its commitment to driving improvements throughout its global supply chains by signing up to the Together for Sustainability (TfS) initiative. Founded in 2011, the purpose of TfS is to develop and implement a global audit programme to assess and improve sustainability practices within the supply chains of the chemical industry.
The company has joined forces with the six existing members – BASF, Bayer, Evonik Industries, Henkel, Lanxess and Solvay – with the aim of building on established principles such as the United Nations Global Compact and the Responsible Care Global Charter.
"We already carry out extensive sustainability assessments in our own supply chains,” explained Ton Geurts, AkzoNobel’s Chief Procurement Officer. "But by integrating TfS into our existing strategy we will enhance our current processes and further improve the quality of our supply chains for the benefit of our customers.”