- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
- Covestro tackles maximum efficiency in urban mobility
- PPG opens US$30M battery pack application centre in China
- PPG opens Color Creation Lab with Chery Automobile in China
AkzoNobel has inaugurated its €6.5M technology centre in Songjiang, Shanghai. The company’s largest research facility in China, it will support product innovation and the development of next-generation paints, coatings and speciality chemicals.
Equipped with a full array of state-of-the-art material analysis and performance testing facilities, the centre currently employs 150 scientists, which is expected to rise to 200 by 2020.
The majority of the products supported by the new facility will be waterborne and powder-based, in line with the company’s ambitions to develop more eco-premium solutions.
The company operates more than 30 production sites across the country, with RD&I resources allocated to 26 of them. Revenue in China totalled €1.8bn in 2015.