- BASF to increase production capacity for bismuth vanadate in Besigheim
- AkzoNobel to acquire Grupo Orbis and expand position in South and Central America
- Key considerations for selecting a portable mixer
- UV-adhesive for elastomeric bonds
- Zhengzhou Nissan Automobile names BASF Shanghai Coatings 'Excellent R&D Supplier&...
AkzoNobel’s prestigious Science Award programme officially honoured its first North American recipient last month when Carnegie Mellon University Prof Krzysztof (Kris) Matyjaszewski, PhD was recognised for his cutting-edge polymer chemistry research.
Established in collaboration with the American Chemistry Society, the award was presented at the end of the company’s first ever North America Innovation Conference, held at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, Illinois.
Cited in scientific literature more than 50,000 times, Prof Matyjaszewski’s many achievements include the discovery of the atom radical transfer polymerisation (ARTP) process.
He received a US$75,000 cash award and a certificate of recognition at the ceremony.