- Lanxess increases prices for adipic acid
- BASF’s financial strength supports proposed stable dividend of €3.40 per share for the...
- AkzoNobel transforms town in Pakistan with the power of paint
- BASF Coatings signs global preferred partnership agreement with INEOS Automotive for its g...
- Wacker’s polysilicon production successfully certified to IATF 16949
AkzoNobel is proud to showcase Interpon powder coatings on the newly inaugurated Shard tower in London.
The Shard, a new development in the London Bridge quarter already dominating the London skyline, is now the tallest building in Western Europe. It boasts coating protection from eight different Interpon products applied by approved applicators Josef Gartner and Höfer (Germany) and SAS International (UK). Interpon D1036 and Interpon 810 coatings are protecting and decorating the interior ceiling panels, while products from the Interpon D2525 range offer superior protection to the exterior aluminium structure.
Russell Deane, Global Architectural Marketing Manager AkzoNobel Powder Coatings, commented: "We are very proud that our coatings have been chosen for this prestigious project. The Shard tower is already an iconic structure in the London skyline so expectations for product performance were high. We are delighted that our products stood out as the coating of choice on this project."
Interpon D is a range of sustainable powder coatings developed specifically for the architectural and construction industry. The Interpon D range has been used on a wide range of iconic, world-class structures from sports stadiums to museums, apartment buildings, hotels and offices. The Shard combines office space, luxurious apartments, outstanding restaurants and the prestigious Shangri-LA hotel, towering at 310m.