- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
Altana announced the grand opening of its BYK USA Inc expanded facility in Wallingford, Connecticut. With this plant, BYK more than doubles production capacity in the USA and increases worldwide supply chain security for its additives.
The expansion project represents a US$50M investment from Altana, the largest single investment the Group has made outside of Germany.
Currently, Altana operates eight subsidiaries, 18 production facilities and 19 laboratories in the USA. With more than 1000 employees here, the company generated sales of around €290M or 16% of its entire global business in 2013.