- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
The British Coatings Federation (BCF), as an associate member of the All Party Parliamentary Manufacturing Group (APMG) invited the Labour Chair of the APMG Barry Sheerman MP, to visit BCF member PPG Architectural Coatings at the end of April, to visit its facilities and better understand the modern techniques used in coatings manufacturing.
After a presentation about PPG’s development in the UK by GM Steve Pocock and an overview of the industry by BCF’s CE Tom Bowtell, Barry joined PPG’s Operations Director Graham Roebuck on a tour of the newly automated factory, which uses the latest robotics technology in filling and packing.
PPG Architectural Coatings, which is a true success story for the local area in South Yorkshire, employs more than 1500 people and plays an active part in the local community.