- Axalta confirms acquisition discussions with Nippon Paint
- Celanese begins production at new Singapore VAE emulsions unit
- Wacker receives certification for polymer binders based on renewable resources
- Connell Brothers opens technical and training centre in Guangzhou, China
- UK Coatings, adhesives and sealants industries to host Brexit event
UK-based Apropos’ polyester powder coating plant has been officially recognised by AkzoNobel, who has awarded the plant Service First Applicator status – one of just 40 such accreditations in the entire country.
Following a recent assessment, the AkzoNobel inspector reported that, "An efficient and effective powder coating operation has been established at Apropos and the commitment to achieving the highest quality standards is evident from the attitude of the staff…”.
The inspector also reported that procedures had been established to monitor quality and maintain high standards and that, "Coated parts observed during the audit were seen to have a high quality, even finish”.
Jimmy Williams, PCP manager said: "We are delighted with the accreditation, which comes from one of the most powerful and influential, global, industry leaders.
"The powder coating plant team has worked extremely hard over the last few months to get the new plant up and running, and this accreditation is evidence of that. I am really proud of the team we have built here, and I look forward to watching their efforts pay dividends in the years to come.”
The powder coating plant opened in May 2011, and has the capacity to handle orders worth up to £15M (US$23.5M)/yr.