- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Arkema, a global leader in specialty chemicals and a major global coating material player will present its latest developments in Asia for the coating business at Chinacoat 2012 that opens today. The group continues to implement its growth strategy for the coating business by adding assets to its significant base of manufacturing and research capabilities in the Asia Pacific region. The company is focused on innovation to offer more eco-friendly solutions and better service to its customers.
The Group has announced recently significant additions to its coating product lines, manufacturing capabilities, and research base in the Asia Pacific region:
• Start up of a new emulsion products manufacturing capacity for Arkema Coating Resins in September 2012 and of Coatex’s acrylic additives plant in 2011 on the Changhu complex facility in China.
• New acrylic resin production capabilities for Arkema Coating Resins at the company’s Pasir Gudang, Malaysia facility.
• Investment of 50% of polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) capacity at Changshu, products for high performance industrial coatings
• Opening of new technical service and development centre for coating customers that will be based in Guangzhou, China.
• And the opening, by the end of 2012, of a R&D centre located at Changshu, whose missions among others will be to support Arkema coating business.
Beyond coatings, with the construction start-up in Malaysia for a thiochemical platform associated with a biochemical facility to produce methionine (an amino acid used in animal feed markets) and the recent acquisitions of two Chinese companies (Hipro Polymers and Casda Biomaterials), involved in the field of bio-sourced specialty polyamide, Arkema is actively expanding its manufacturing presence in its fastest growing and highest added value product lines.
"We continue to be excited about the future in the Asia Pacific region," said Dominique Namer, President for Arkema Asia Pacific. "Our goal is to provide market-leading, innovative chemistry to help our customers achieve their growth and sustainability goals in the industries they serve."