- Newly promoted director, Dr Cynthia A Gosselin, accepts ASTM Award in Toronto
- ChemQuest announces launch of 2017-2020 North American Market Report for Adhesives and Sea...
- Former Cytec Industries Coating Resins business becomes independent
- Copper Orange colour of the year
- Axalta collaborates with universities in China
According to a market report published by Transparency Market Research ‘Global Oleochemicals Market (Glycerine, Fatty Acids, Fatty Alcohols), Downstream Application Potential, 2010 – 2018’, the global market for oleochemicals was estimated to be more than 13Mt in 2010, which is expected to reach 15Mt by 2018, growing at a CAGR of around 6.0% from 2013-2018. Asia Pacific is the fastest growing market for oleochemicals, growing at a CAGR of 8.2% from 2013-2018.
The global market for oleochemicals was led by Asia Pacific market sharing approximately 68% of the global market in 2011. Asia Pacific also accounted for more than 60% of the global capacity for oleochemicals in 2011. Europe was the second largest market with 18% of the global market for the same year.