- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Asia Pacific is the largest regional market for calcium carbonate, according to a recently published market research report on Calcium Carbonate from Global Industry Analysts (www.StrategyR.com/).
Europe and the USA represent the other two important markets for Calcium Carbonate consumption, trailing behind Asia Pacific. Future growth in the market will be driven by Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East. The Asian market for the mineral is forecast to post a CAGR of more than 7% over the analysis period.
Calcium Carbonate is the principal inorganic mineral material, which is primarily used as commercial and functional filler in paper, rubber, plastic, architectural materials, coatings and light chemicals. Calcium Carbonate has been gaining ground over the years as an important inorganic mineral. Paper, paints and coatings, adhesives and sealants, form some of the important end-uses of calcium carbonate.