- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Belgium-based manufacturer of filling and packaging equipment for the coatings industry De Vree celebrated its 70th anniversary in 2011.
All the more cause for celebration is that in this year, the company sealed a major contract with one of India’s market leaders, Asian Paints, to manufacture and install eight fully automatic filling and packaging lines, for what is to become the largest paint factory in the world, with a scheduled daily capacity of 2500 tons. Asian Paints is one of the 10 largest producers of decorative coatings in the world.
De Vree was awarded the contract thanks to its reputation for building high quality and reliable fully automatic filling and packaging machines. Asian Paints has been using De Vree equipment for more than 13 years and decided, after detailed negotiations in Mumbai, to further put its trust in De Vree.
For De Vree, the project is a landmark as it represents the biggest order the company has ever sealed.
De Vree has always been globally active. Europe continues to play a significant role in its business but regions such as Asia Pacific and the Middle East are becoming more and more important year after year.