- Axalta survey reveals colour is a key factor in 88% of vehicle purchasing decisions
- H.B. Fuller opens office in Dubai
- UK supermarket introduces trolley handles and in-store surfaces with antimicrobial coating
- Dow Coating Materials paints a picture of the future at PaintIndia 2016
- BASF aims to grow smartly in Asia Pacific
Thierry Le Hénaff, chairman and CEO of Arkema, has inaugurated two plants for fluorinated polymers and rheology additives on the Changshu industrial platform in the presence of the Chinese authorities. The company also laid the foundation stone of its future Research and Development Centre in China, its second in Asia.
These announcements confirm the Group’s firm growth objectives in Asia, which include achieving 25% of its sales on this continent by 2015, half of which would be in China.
Located 120km south of Shanghai, the Changshu industrial platform is now Arkema’s largest manufacturing site in the world. It represents Arkema’s main industrial base in China, with chemical production including: fluorogases, fluorinated polymers, speciality polyamides, acrylic derivatives and organic peroxides.