- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
The designers at BASF’s Coatings division have published their automotive colour trends for 2014/2015. With their collection entitled ‘Under the Radar’, new colour ranges are appearing on the trend radar. The development of special effects is setting new accents and opening up unusual colour ranges.
BASF’s designers are predicting that this will make automotive colours more complex and more individual in the future. This ability to stand out from the crowd caters to the consumers’ desires, since the topic of individualisation is playing an increasingly important role, especially when buying a car. The designers observe a social change moving from luxury to a heightened awareness of quality and values. For automotive colours, this means that what counts is not attention-grabbing but rather the ‘wow’-effect at second glance. Innovative special effects create these accents. The new collection contains the newly developed XSpark special-effect coating. XSpark contains very fine glass particles that reflect the light, thus creating a distinctive sparkle that is particularly effective only in light.