- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
Sika continues to strengthen its position in India with the inauguration of its sixth manufacturing facility and R&D Centre in Jhagadia, Gujarat.
The facility, located in the western part of India, will focus on concrete admixtures, mortars, resin floors and adhesives for the booming construction market. Comprehensive R&D facilities and a Technical Centre complement the premises.
With the opening of the Jhagadia plant, Sika has reached another milestone in the expansion of its supply chain in major growth markets. With 11 branch offices and now six production sites, the company is well represented in the emerging market of India.
Jan Jenisch, CEO of Sika, commented: "Sika is strongly committed to implementing the Strategy 2018 targets – one of which is the accelerated expansion of our supply chain in emerging markets in order to seize untapped business opportunities. Following the opening of the Surabaya plant in Indonesia just one month ago and the recent inauguration of the Jhagadia plant with its strong R&D activities in India, Sika has successfully extended its presence in two of the world’s most populous countries which are home to major infrastructure and construction projects.”