- Covestro signs first major renewable energy agreement for its US operations
- Toyochem constructs new pilot facility for high-performance polymers in Japan
- Omya extends lightweight fillers portfolio with the acquisition of Bublon
- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
Axalta Coating Systems officially opened its Axalta Color Solutions Center in Frankfurt, Germany, at the end of February 2018.
Built to serve industrial customers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) who require small batches of liquid coatings, the Axalta Color Solutions Center is designed to allow fast, agile production and provides Axalta customers with even more flexible and tailored service from a central European location.
The Axalta Color Solutions Center will supply Axalta customers with small batches of its industrial liquid paint brands including: PercoTop products for applications that range from trailers and machinery to doors and window frames; Viter products for general industrial and agricultural, construction and earthmoving equipment; Acothane polyurethanes for internal and external pipeline coatings; and Corroless coatings for highly effective corrosion control on a range of steel structures.
"We wanted to create the right conditions that would enable our highly-skilled team of experts to colour match and produce small batches, typically under 100kg.
"The Center also allows Axalta’s customers to test small quantities of new liquid products with very short lead times,” says Thomas Mangold, Axalta’s Business Director for the Industrial Liquid business in the EMEA region.
"We’re always looking to better our customer’s experience in terms of convenience and flexibility, to allow them more time to focus on their business and customers. This Center will help achieve that.”
The new Center will boast 1,300m² of warehouse space and 700m² of shop floor.