- JBP reinforces its reputation as a leader within the sustainable paint industry in Thailan...
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start transforms 27 schools worldwide with colourful makeovers
- BASF broadens its Monomers Portfolio and launches bio-based 2-Octyl Acrylate
- Lanxess and Tennants: Cooperation for enhanced industrial plant hygiene
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms school for children with autis...
Axalta Coating Systems (formerly DuPont Performance Coatings) will invest more than US$50M to construct a facility to manufacture and supply up to 25,000t of paint to automotive manufacturers that are expanding into south and central China.
The plant will be dedicated to production of the company’s waterborne coatings.
Pending final government approvals, construction of the facility is expected to break ground in the second half of 2013 with production beginning Q1, 2015.
The facility will be close to customers in the Shanghai area and have easy access to major transportation routes reaching into western and southern areas of the country and will complement the manufacturing capacity of Axalta’s flagship OEM coatings manufacturing plant in Changchun.