- Lanxess increases prices for adipic acid
- BASF’s financial strength supports proposed stable dividend of €3.40 per share for the...
- AkzoNobel transforms town in Pakistan with the power of paint
- BASF Coatings signs global preferred partnership agreement with INEOS Automotive for its g...
- Wacker’s polysilicon production successfully certified to IATF 16949
World demand for silicones is expected to rise 5.9%/yr to US$18.9bn in 2017, fuelled by an improved outlook for global manufacturing and construction activity from the recession-plagued 2007-2012 period, particularly in North America and Western Europe.
These and other trends are presented in World Silicones, a study from The Freedonia Group. The Asia Pacific region has become the leading market for silicones, accounting for nearly 40% of global demand in 2012.
Demand in the region grew nearly 10%/yr from 2002 to 2012, fuelled mainly by the rapid advancement of China as a silicone consumer.