- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
Axalta Coating Systems has announced a commitment to invest US$10.5M in Tlalnepantla, Mexico, to expand capacity to produce resins used in the manufacture of transportation coatings.
The investment is intended to enhance and expand the capability of the Tlalnepantla operations centre, one of three manufacturing locations for Axalta in Mexico and headquarters of the company’s businesses in Latin America.
"This investment underscores the company’s commitment to support our continued growth in Mexico with locally produced coatings,” explained Jorge Cossio, President, Latin America for Axalta. "The investment will support Axalta customers in the light vehicle OEM and commercial transportation markets.”
The facility will use manufacturing technology designed to improve operational efficiencies, reduce waste and further reduce the environmental footprint from themanufacturing operations.
The Tlalnepantla facility already manufactures coatings for some of the largest global automotive OEM and heavy duty truck manufacturers, as well as Axalta’s leading refinish brands including Standox, Spies Hecker and Cromax used by many body shops.