- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Michelman has introduced DigiGuard® Gloss 310, a protective overprint varnish for flexible packaging printing applications. It is designed to be used over HP Indigo Electroinks® applied on HP Indigo digital presses, protecting and enhancing the appearance of inks used on form, fill and seal packaging applications. It meets the European Plastic Implementing Measure (PIM) for food contact making it ideal for food packaging. Outside Europe, Michelman offers DigiGuard Gloss 110 that meets FDA food contact requirements.
DigiGuard Gloss 310 offers good slip, allowing easy feed of the coated web and is resistant to heat from the heat sealing operation. A drying temperature of 60°C or above will ensure that optimum heat resistance of the coating is achieved. It can be applied via flexo, gravure, or roll coater or on a separate varnishing/finishing station.
Michelman’s family of DigiGuard overprint varnishes are used to enhance appearance and protect printed materials. DigiGuard brand varnishes are applied in liquid form over the digital print and then require some form of drying or curing. During this process, the liquid overprint varnish hardens and then offers protection against physical and chemical damage.