- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
- Covestro tackles maximum efficiency in urban mobility
- PPG opens US$30M battery pack application centre in China
- PPG opens Color Creation Lab with Chery Automobile in China
Azelis, a leading innovation service provider in the speciality chemicals and food ingredients industry, has announced its new distribution agreement with BASF, effective November 1, 2021, for its resins range in Vietnam. BASF’s innovative portfolio of resin products enables Azelis to offer advanced solutions for the CASE (coatings, adhesives, sealants, and elastomers), printing & packaging markets. This partnership strengthens Azelis’ lateral value chain with the addition of market-leading products in multiple market segments, while also extending its global partnership with BASF into new territories.
Highlights & rationale
- This new mandate increases Azelis’ product offering in the CASE and printing & packaging markets for Vietnam, while complementing its existing portfolio.
- This partnership builds upon the successful relationship between BASF and Azelis in the Americas, Australia, New Zealand and Turkey.
- The agreement is consistent with Azelis’ strategy of growing organically with its strategic partners through sales excellence and a strong focus on innovation.
Peter van der Zwan, Business Director, BASF ASEAN & ANZ, added: "Azelis is our selected and preferred partner for resins in Vietnam because of their ability to create focus and synergies and to reduce business complexity for our resins portfolio. They will become an extended salesforce of BASF and add technical expertise and extensive market knowledge. Azelis will provide great benefits to our customers, who now have access to a more extensive product portfolio and formulations for all their requirements. This partnership will further enhance BASF’s ability to provide innovative solutions for customers in the industrial & automotive coatings and printing & packaging segments.”
Laurent Nataf, CEO & President Azelis Asia Pacific, commented: "BASF is a prominent player in the chemicals industry that is widely recognised for the innovative and sustainable properties of their products. Their resins range is a great complementary addition to our current portfolio. With this collaboration, we are also excited to expand our partnership with BASF and provide our partners in Vietnam and the region with an enhanced portfolio of products that allow us to offer a variety of tailored solutions and innovative formulations for the CASE industry.”
BASF, a leading global company in the chemicals industry, develops, produces, and markets a comprehensive selection of high-performance, innovative and sustainable solutions. Their resins are used for formulations in a wide range of industries. BASF and Azelis began their partnership in the Americas for the CASE industry, expanding worldwide and most recently into Australia and New Zealand. Azelis’ dedicated CASE application laboratories, excellent customer intimacy and technical expertise have been critical factors for a successful partnership with BASF.
Active in Vietnam since 2015, Azelis employs some of the best industry professionals in the country, including skilled chemists in its dedicated CASE application laboratory in Vietnam. Azelis has been significantly growing in Vietnam, benefitting from key mandate wins with strategic principals and the majority shareholding acquisition of MKVN and Viet Chemi in 2021, which provided Azelis with a significant foothold in the Personal Care and CASE market segments in Vietnam.