- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
With its timeless design featuring clearly contoured shapes and blue special-effect paint, Volkswagen presented the CrossBlue concept car, a new generation of SUVs, at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Volkswagen specially designed the car for the USA and Canada and the colour was developed by BASF’s paint specialists in Würzburg, Germany.
The midsize SUV, which seats six, is powered by 306 horsepower. The CrossBlue’s outer appearance is characterised by a blue, very fine pearl colour. The finish harmonises with the alloy rims and the array of stainless steel applications on the body.