- Lanxess increases prices for adipic acid
- BASF’s financial strength supports proposed stable dividend of €3.40 per share for the...
- AkzoNobel transforms town in Pakistan with the power of paint
- BASF Coatings signs global preferred partnership agreement with INEOS Automotive for its g...
- Wacker’s polysilicon production successfully certified to IATF 16949
BASF Shanghai Coatings Co Ltd inaugurated its new automotive coatings plant at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park in Shanghai, China, last month. The expansion of its automotive coatings production capacity with an investment of around €50M further strengthens BASF’s presence in China and its position as a leading coatings supplier to the automotive industry.
"BASF is the leading chemical partner for the automotive industry. This investment further signifies our commitment to our automotive customers and to supporting the dynamic growth of China’s automotive market,” said Dr Andreas Kreimeyer, Member of the Board of Executive Directors of BASF SE and Research Executive Director.
The plant is equipped with state-of-the-art ventilation and off gas treatment, ensuring a clean environment in and around the plant. In addition, it is specially designed to have a closed handling of ingredients. It is located adjacent to another new BASF resin and electrocoat plant, which will start operation in the second half of 2015.
The close proximity of these two plants with access to facilities of BASF Caojing site and the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park will allow greater synergies and operational efficiency.