- Berger Paints celebrates centennial year with record sales
- Nouryon signs its first power purchase agreement for an onsite solar project in the US
- Consistently sustainable: Updated method published for entire BASF product portfolio
- BCF calls for greater urgency on REACH impasse, warning of irreparable damage to UK manufa...
- BASF celebrates 10 years of its Northeast Research Alliance in the US
BASF Shanghai Coatings Co Ltd inaugurated its new automotive coatings plant at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park in Shanghai, China, last month. The expansion of its automotive coatings production capacity with an investment of around €50M further strengthens BASF’s presence in China and its position as a leading coatings supplier to the automotive industry.
"BASF is the leading chemical partner for the automotive industry. This investment further signifies our commitment to our automotive customers and to supporting the dynamic growth of China’s automotive market,” said Dr Andreas Kreimeyer, Member of the Board of Executive Directors of BASF SE and Research Executive Director.
The plant is equipped with state-of-the-art ventilation and off gas treatment, ensuring a clean environment in and around the plant. In addition, it is specially designed to have a closed handling of ingredients. It is located adjacent to another new BASF resin and electrocoat plant, which will start operation in the second half of 2015.
The close proximity of these two plants with access to facilities of BASF Caojing site and the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park will allow greater synergies and operational efficiency.