- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
BASF, a leading supplier of polyurethane (PU) system solutions worldwide, has opened a new polyurethane system house in Tianjin, China, which will further expand its global service and production network. The facility will deliver customised polyurethane solutions to its customers, supported by local production, in-house sales, technical service and development teams.
As BASF’s first investment in Tianjin, this site is also the company’s 11th polyurethane system house in Asia Pacific and the third in Mainland China. It will join a comprehensive worldwide network, which currently includes 38 system houses.
"This investment further signifies our commitment to this region and demonstrates our desire to be customers’ preferred partner of choice,” said Raimar Jahn, President of BASF’s Polyurethanes division.
The new facility occupies 3.4 hectares of land in the Tianjin Economic Technological Development Area (Hangu Modern Industrial Zone).