- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
BASF Coatings (India) has set up a coatings technical support lab in Mangalore, India, to support lab activities including product development, analytical testing, certification and new pigment qualification, catering to the coatings customers of BASF outside India.
Mr Prasad Chandran, chairman, BASF Companies in India & Head South Asia, said: "India will continue to be a thriving market for automotive coatings. BASF’s operations have the quality and potential for sustainable growth: a qualified and committed team, state-of-the-art operations, a favourable cost structure and strong customer focus within an overall favourable business environment.”
Operational since 1996, Mangalore is BASF’s largest manufacturing site in India and South Asia. It includes a wastewater treatment plant and an incinerator and is certified with ISO 9001 – Quality management system and ISO 14001 – Environmental management system.
q Meanwhile, BASF has been awarded the ‘Excellent R&D Supplier’ by Zhengzhou Nissan Auto Co, Ltd, for its excellent achievement in providing eco-friendly coatings with advanced technology. BASF is the only coatings supplier this year to have won this award from Zhengzhou Nissan Auto as recognition for excellent technical capability and innovative spirit.