- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
BASF has received the Technological Progress Award from Shanghai General Motors Company Ltd (SGM) for the first time. The award recognised BASF’s outstanding contributions to the technological progress and local innovation of SGM in 2013. "BASF is committed to playing an important part in supporting the innovation of China’s automotive industry and the transformation of the country from ‘Made in China’ to ‘Innovated in China’,” said Dr Albert Heuser, President, Functions BASF Asia Pacific, President and Chairman BASF Greater China.
Established in 1997, SGM is a joint venture (JV) between SAIC Motor and General Motors. With its ‘Green Future’ strategy, the company focuses on technological innovation to drive sustainable development across the value chain.
Since 1998, BASF has been a partner to SGM and its Pan Asia Technical Automotive Center (PATAC), one of the earliest JV automotive R&D centres in China, responsible for design and engineering. BASF supplies a full range of innovative sustainable solutions, including automotive coatings, mobile emission catalysts, engineering plastics, polyurethanes and brake fluids.
The Buick Riviera concept car (see cover), developed by SGM-PATAC and featuring a unique Ice Cyan-jade coating co-developed by BASF and PATAC won the coveted Red Dot Award in 2013.