- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
BASF plans to invest up to €56M in the expansion of its Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) value chain over the next four years. PVP is a polymer, which is used in diverse industries, such as pharmaceutical or the personal and home care sector, as well as an adhesive in glue sticks and hot-melt adhesives mainly due to its binding properties.
Through revamping existing plants in Ludwigshafen, Germany and Geismar, Louisiana, USA and introducing the PVP technology at BASF’s site in Shanghai, China, the company will increase its global PVP production capacities by up to 6000t/yr.
BASF invented this production process 75 years ago.