- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
Eastman Chemical Company has announced a planned increase in its Eastman Texanol ester alcohol manufacturing capacity in Longview, Texas, USA. Expected to be complete in the second half of 2016, it will increase capacity by more than 20%. In addition to its largest Texanol site in Longview, Eastman also manufactures the product at its Jurong Island, Singapore site and Zibo, China JV.
Texanol ester alcohol is a coalescent used in latex paints found in the building and construction market. Eastman coalescents enable maximum film formation by softening latex particles and allowing them to fuse into a tough, continuous film, improving overall paint performance.
Common coalescents include ester alcohols, esters and glycol ethers.