- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
BASF Shanghai Coatings Co, Ltd broke ground recently
on its automotive coatings plant at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park in Shanghai. This state-of-the-art production facility is scheduled to commence operation in early 2014. It complements the company’s existing plant in Shanghai, which has been operating for more than 15 years.
The investment further strengthens BASF’s position as a leading coatings supplier to the automotive industry in China. "As the demand for mobility grows, so does the demand for highly efficient, sustainable solutions for the automotive industry. This investment helps demonstrate BASF’s commitment to addressing these needs and supporting the dynamic growth of China’s automotive industry as the number one supplier from the chemical industry,” said Dr Albert Heuser, President Asia Pacific of BASF. "High-quality coatings products and eco-efficient manufacturing processes are in enormous demand in China,” added Peter Fischer, Senior VP, Coatings Solutions Asia Pacific, BASF.