- BRB opens silicone synthesis plant in Malaysia
- ExxonMobil completes acquisition of one of the world’s largest aromatics plants
- Researchers develop paint-on solar cells
- IM Group's Foundation Chair donates art sculptures to support children's chariti...
- Analysis of the Offshore Oil & Gas Paints and Coatings Market in Nigeria and Angola
Under the theme of ‘passion for two-wheelers’, BASF presented its portfolio of solutions for the Chinese motorcycle market for the first time at the 10th China International Motorcycle Trade Exhibition, Asia’s largest motorcycle trade exhibition in Chongqing from October 13-16.
In 2010, China’s motorcycle output was more than 23M units, which accounted for 45% of global production. A stable growth rate of 2-3%/yr is expected over the next few years.
"A striking presence, superior performance, comfort, environmental friendliness and the ability to ensure safety are features an exceptional two-wheeler should have,” said James Yin, general manager, Global Motorcycle Catalysts.
Products on show included Beamcoat, the twin-cure (UV-thermo curing) clearcoat for motorcycle fuel tanks that has been recognised for its outstanding scratch-resistance and environmentally friendly properties. The company also demonstrated its Ultramid for quality rear grip.