- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Under the theme of ‘passion for two-wheelers’, BASF presented its portfolio of solutions for the Chinese motorcycle market for the first time at the 10th China International Motorcycle Trade Exhibition, Asia’s largest motorcycle trade exhibition in Chongqing from October 13-16.
In 2010, China’s motorcycle output was more than 23M units, which accounted for 45% of global production. A stable growth rate of 2-3%/yr is expected over the next few years.
"A striking presence, superior performance, comfort, environmental friendliness and the ability to ensure safety are features an exceptional two-wheeler should have,” said James Yin, general manager, Global Motorcycle Catalysts.
Products on show included Beamcoat, the twin-cure (UV-thermo curing) clearcoat for motorcycle fuel tanks that has been recognised for its outstanding scratch-resistance and environmentally friendly properties. The company also demonstrated its Ultramid for quality rear grip.