- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Fortune magazine has once again named Bayer as one of the ‘World’s Most Admired Companies’ in its annual survey for top industry executives.
Bayer increased its rank in 2013 to the number three ranking on the chemicals industry list, up from the number four ranking in 2012. Along these lines, Bayer’s overall score increased from 5.97 in 2012 to 6.33 in 2013. Regarding specific categories within the chemicals industry, Bayer increased its ranking to number two in global competitiveness and increased its ranking to number three in quality of management, financial soundness and long-term investment. Bayer also retained its number three ranking in innovation, people management, social responsibility and quality of products/ services.
The most admired chemical companies in the Fortune 2013 ranking are: 1. BASF (7.49); 2. DuPont (6.65); 3. Bayer (6.33); 4. Dow (5.96); 5. L’Air Liquide (5.71); 6. PPG Industries (5.65); 7. Linde Group (5.52); 8. LyondellBasell Industries (4.96)
The list is widely considered the definitive annual report card on corporate reputation.