- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Overcoming challenges to drive prosperity and growth were the key themes at the recent centenary conference of the British Coatings Federation (BCF) in Manchester, UK.
The conference, which this year attracted a record number of delegates, highlighted the many positive contributions the coatings industry has made to the UK, specifically in the areas of the economy and sustainability. Speakers included Esther McVey MP, design guru Wayne Hemingway MBE, professor and broadcaster Merlin Stone and Bank of England agent John Young.
Tony Mash, outgoing CEO of the BCF, wrapped up the conference with a review of the BCF’s past achievements and future targets.