- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Dow Chemical Company (Dow) and Dubai Central Laboratory (DCL), have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to partner on initiatives that drive sustainable building and construction in Dubai through joint research programmes, training and technical support.
As part of the MoU, Dow will co-operate with DCL to provide technical assistance in the areas of interior air quality and energy efficiency, with the aim to develop standards and test methods for waterborne, volatile organic compound (VOC)-free and formaldehyde-abatement coatings, as well as reflective roof coatings and exterior thermal insulation composite systems (ETICs).
Dow and DCL will also collaborate on R&D training, joint studies and technical workshops to build industry awareness on sustainability.